Because of my West Coast and Mid-South Neices

Every grocery store. Every WalMart. Every Target. No matter where I go, there they are. Girls who remind me of my West Coast Nieces and my Mid-South Niece. Girls who remind me that all of the young ladies in my family live so very far away. And these girls just seem to multiply every day over the last week or so. THEY JUST WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE. Durn these girl scouts and their silly, stupid, tasty, minty, smooth peanut buttery chocolate covered nuggets of pure gourmet genius. DURN THEM I SAY.

Perhaps it is the joy that I see in the little Brownie and Junior's faces when they hesitantly ask "Wwwwould you like? like? to buy some girl scout cookies" and are greeted with my upbeat "Sure! I'll take 2 Thin Mints and 2 Tagalongs". Nah. Maybe it is because I love to see the surprise on the parents' faces who are manning the cookie table when I tell the little cookie snipers on my way into the store that I will catch them on the way out.....and I actually DO! Nah. Maybe it is because I remember the feeling of knocking on doors as a little girl scout myself and finding that my big sister had already been there to cookie snipe in front of me. Nah.

The reality is, I see my little nieces from the West Coast (and that now older big cookie sniping sister), and my older southern niece in every cookie hawking little face at the entrance of every store I enter and exit. And for these cookie laden nieces, I purchase 4 boxes at a time (I am up to 12 now folks) - mostly in the hopes that some Aunt on the West Coast and in the South.....who has a niece or four hawking cookies outside an Krogers or a Target in my area...is buying from MY nieces outside Albertsons or Costco...so that the glorious Girl Scout Cookie circle can go on and on.

Comments

Carol P. said…
And as my duckling-Girl Scouts are trained to say, "Thanks for supporting Girl Scouts!"

Yes, I remember the days of rushing out to sell cookies up and down Framingham. Seems like there were no Girl Scouts on that street, so we raced. In those days, we didn't have to have a parent go with us, which made it easier.

Oh, and All-Abouts make great s'mores in a toaster oven!
DF said…
We do not have All-Abouts. They sound good.

We have 3 different types of shortbread cookie. A bit redundant.

Popular Posts