90 degrees in the shade...85 in my bedroom....

Hoo-ray! Tis a steamy 90 degrees in the shade today, and bright and sunny! You know what that means....it is time for a Oz Family House Weather update. The update....well..when I got home from work....the thermostat was registering a beeee-you---tiful 81 degrees in the house. Whoo stinkin hoo.

I know, I know, "hey Mrs. Oz..when are you gonna take care of that issue?!??!"

Today's the day my friends (and family!) After lamenting at work to Lukey's Godmother that there are no ethical contractors in this world, she shared with me a little secret. Her HVAC guy...she served with him on School Board, and her kids went to school with his, and he is a small business owner who doesn't go under the Dewey Cheatum and Howe principle! So yesterday afternoon I called him, and he promised to come out late today. (Believe you me..the HVAC folks in this city are DANCIN' right now with all of the work!).

He arrived shortly after 6:00, and spent some time with gauges and thingy-ma-jigs. Several times, between the unit outside and the unit inside, he was shaking his head and saying "the pressure is too high". UGH.....to me..anything that is too high..means the bill is gonna be high! His original plan was (knowing that the system was under warranty) that if he didn't have the necessary part with him, he would re-charge the system to get us some cooling capacity and come back tomorrow.....

Except....

The system didn't need a re-charge. In fact, the contractor that charged the system in April...OVER-charged the system (hence the high pressure or some such thing!)...leading to a system that struggling (the HVAC guy removed 2 lbs of freon that was over!)

All of the sudden...cooler air...in my house...cooler...ahhhhhh... COOLER! Seriously!

Now..the thermo upstairs hasn't moved off the 81 degree mark (the gent said it might take a little while as the system is fighting to get the humidity and the heat down...) but we are back up and running!

80 bucks...that's it...80 stinkin bucks! That is all it cost...80 BUCKS..and the guy was here for an hour..and he also spent some time talking to us about efficiency of the system..and gave us some suggestions....and was REALLY REALLY nice.....AND started to cool our house off!

WHOOOO HOOOOOOO! Okay...so here is where I do my thanks...

"I would like to thank the academy...Weber Heating and Cooling...and my big brother for telling me the system was under warranty!"

Ahhh...I think I am gonna go take a cool nap now.....

Comments

Popular Posts