Wayyy coool...

Under the "wish I had a camera" realm, tonight on our way home, Mr. Oz, the Cadet, the King and I were treated to a double rainbow with the requisite Alexander's Band in between. I will have to tell you (and Mr. Oz would say the same) that this is the first time in my 41 years on this earth I have ever seen a double rainbow. Very cool. The inner was bright and beautiful, and the outer was mistier and blended - with the colors reversed of course (VIBGYOR rather than ROYGBIV).

Amazing, beautiful, and definitely the true definition of wonderful!

Comments

Carol P. said…
Cool!

S and I saw the coolest double rainbow when we were driving up the road towards Jackpot NV and Twin Falls ID, long before we had kids. Two clear rainbows, rolling scrubby amber hills, dark clouds, golden late-in-the-day sunlight. Truly an American vista.

We didn't have our camera either (it was in the trunk and S didn't keep it loaded with film anyway -- ah, how much I love digital cameras). But that's always been my standard for double rainbows. And though I've seen a bunch, nothing lives up to that one....
meh said…
Awesome

Unrelated comment - you guys coming this way??
UNRELATED COMMENT #2
July - yes yes yes

(I really need to dig out that email....)

Popular Posts