But...don't think the King is giving up his first sport......




Down at the ECNL Showcase in Florida - the King and his team took to the pitch to take on a tough Florida team this afternoon for Game #1 of a 3 game weekend. 

Mr. Oz is on tap for this trip - but I am super thankful that the ECNL livestreams the games for those parents, college coaches, etc who cannot attend in person to watch live.  

I wonder if the King heard his Soccer Mama from 1072 miles away shouting "That's my boy!  Go Wookie, Go Wookie" all throughout the game. (Its a good thing I didn't have any video conferences this afternoon - they would have seen me dancing around my office, lol)

In the interest of sports fairness - here is a quick clip of a foot save (while being knocked down), followed by a spin save away from an incoming forward....ending with an easy, long bomb down the field....the King is easy to spot - he is the one in Melon in the net.




In the end? The team was victorious 1-0 with the King recording the cleansheet.  He was pretty chill about it - but I was (and am) one very proud soccer Mama.

Comments

Popular Posts