Bob the Builder Post....aka Focused Intensity....

This morning, after Lukey has had his bottle, and was back dozing, and after I showered and dressed, woken up the older Oz child, packed bottles for daycare, packed a lunch for the older Oz, dress the little one, take Hunter to the bus stop and Lukey to "school", I decide that I am going to make an attempt at doing a quick car repair before work.

A kindly gentleman here in the midsouth had informed me at a stop light yesterday morning that I had NO brake lights, other than my fifth light on the van. So....yesterday at lunch I wandered over to Kmart to obtain new brake lights in the hopes that Sr. Oz would put them on last night. Fast fact about the Mercury Villager....it has no less than 12 different bulbs! (Interior light, interior door lights, fifth light, backing lights, parking lights, lights that sing Christmas Songs...and on and on!).

After scanning the lightbulb book at Kmart...and getting totally frustrated that I couldn't find my make and model year in the book, I realized that their lighting book only went through the 2000 model year....great...I have a 2002! Back I went to the car, looked at the owners manual, determined that it was one of two bulbs (okay...was it the taillight, or the stop light...yes there are two different bulbs for that!). Back in I went and successfully obtained the necessary bulbs (I got both tail and stop, as for 2.99 a pack...I wasn't going to make a second trip!!!!! The Oz gene must be wearing off!)

Well...long story short...Sr. Oz didn't replace the bulbs last night. Before you get all "Oz..what the heck were you doing that you couldn't account for your wife's safety"...let me tell ya that Mrs. Oz forgot to tell Sr. Oz that the brake lights were out.....and forgot to tell him that she bought bulbs!

So after doing all of my morning routine...I decided (when I pulled back in the driveway at home to finish getting ready for work) that I was going to fix my brake lights. I open the tailgate, remove the requisite screws, and ....can't get the assemblies out. Look in the manual...it says "remove gently rearward"....try it again....nuthin....they seem stuck....ponder the manual again...try again..nothing...figure I will try the other side. To say "ditto" for the other side would be an understatement. Sit on the tailgate (wishing it was the milkcan...to make me feel better) and think for a moment...then realize....these manuals were written for "men"....and gently to me vs. a guy is totally different. Give the assemblies a good tug....and out they pop. Replace the bulb with no further trouble. Ditto on the other side. Use a brick on the brake pedal to ensure that I had lights now....wow...they are BRIGHT!

So what does that have to do with Bob the Builder? Well...can I do it...YES I CAN! That is what focused intensity gives you in the morning! Kids at school, me ready for work, and new brake lights!

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts