Weeee're Back!


So...no blog entries since Wednesday..did you miss us? Well..Thursday morning, I turned on the ol' PC and what did I see? "Cannot locate Himem.sys, Cannot Locate Win.com" and a whole (in southern terms) mess of errors that meant "Your computer has somehow harshed itself". YIKES! And me without my restore disk (hey..we have moved 3x since we bought this Win98 boat anchor!)

Luckily, I remembered my DOS days (since Win98 still included the DOS program). Since it would only boot to the c:\ prompt..I was able to "Dir" some areas and find that the hard drive was still intact, and that I could located the Win98 cabinets on the system. A DOS reinstall of windows ensued....with the lovely "Please enter product key" at the end of it....crud....so that took a day or two for me to find my original WIN98 book to locate the product key. Then I was off to install all of the necessary upgrade patches for security purposes, and deal with multiple blue screens o' death before...success...early this morning.At least it is seemingly a success so far. Of course my settings are trashed..but hey...it is back up!

So what has been happening in the Merry land of Oz of late? Lots of stuff! We have had outside time, we have had hockey scrimmages, we have had music time with King Lukey....so let me catch you up!

Thursday is our late night at hockey practice (9-10). Hence, Little Outside boy wanted to go outside and play. He has taken to running over to the neighbors garden which borders the road. He loves to smell the flowers and say Ahhhhh. This time, he decided he was going to sit on the wooden border fence, in an amongst the posies. Hence the picture below. Then it was off down the street as he heard the shouts of older boys (his brubah included) who were playing tackle football. Of course...he had to run the ball with them, so he was "sacked" several times by one older brother. He had a ball and it was nice to spend time with him before the start of hockey practice (which is his bed time)

Friday night opened the hockey season with a scrimmage against a slightly younger AA travel team in our league. The kids had a ball (we lost), and learned that they have a lot more to work on this year! Hockey is going to be interesting, as the league has split with another rink here in town...too crazy...and wayyy to political. Of course...our first tourney is next weekend, but thankfully, it is a home tourney.

Went to the local arts fair on Saturday...King Rides in his Stroller enjoyed the day...riding in his stroller of course. The older kid enjoyed taking off from the parents and wandering around checking everything out. Stopped and picked up a little piano that we had been looking at for the King...as he seems to be showing musical interest in a big way. Was actually pretty blown away when I played a few notes of a Barney song ("If all the raindrops were lemondrops and gumdrops oh what a rain that would be....") and the King stuck out his tongue for the "Ah ah ah" part. Song recognition (I wasn't singing it) at 16 months? Not too shabby kiddo!

So...I think that brings y'all up to speed......I am SOOOOOOO happy that the computer is baaaaaack!

Comments

Popular Posts