As I was picking up...

As I was picking up the great room last night, I heard a weak strain of Mary Had a Little Lamb coming from a little toy electric piano. Huh? What is that? Did someone leave it on? I went to the end of the couch to see where the music was coming from...hmmmm...

One young King had turned it on, and had turned it to "learning mode". It was pounding out a dance beat...and the keys were lighting up as they needed to be pushed to the tune of MHALL. The King was obliging, pushing the keys that were lit in succession. I gave pause, listened for a moment..then called Mr. Oz over to watch. Then in a toddler blink, the moment was over.

Not only did the King figure this out on his own....he also seemed to "know the song" and get frustrated when he accidentally hit the wrong key. I was thoroughly amused...and blown away...guess someone needs a "Piana" Lesson or two when he gets older...

His brother, the Prince, has always been fairly musical (plays the violin, sings on key, and the like....)...but I gotta tell ya..the King is King of the music....belting out fairly understandable tunes..and even starting to change the words of songs for his own amusement ("A" is for Daddy, "B" is for Daddy, "C" is for Daddy tooooooooooooooo" )

I know, I know..keep encouraging him!

Comments

DF said…
Just remember, the nut does not fall very far from the tree.

Popular Posts