Christmas Evening

The Dinner is complete (turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, pears and cranberries - a new family favorite, rolls), and dessert has been served (Prism Cake..an old Grandma Faison standby....and better than pumpkin pie sometimes!). The presents have been opened, and games have been played. Naps have been taken...and friends visited. But believe it or not, this isn't the sum total of our Christmas Day.

For the first Christmas in oh so long, we spent the day at home. It was a peaceful day, a somewhat quiet day, which perhaps is what has brought about the reflection on the true meaning of Christmas; reflections on just how blessed I am to have two wonderful, healthy, active and engaging kiddos. Blessed to have such a special, loving and engaged husband. Blessed to have a warm home, and good food to eat. And this isn't by accident, I know. Left to my own "devices"...the blessings would not be so bountiful.

I often worry about many things. It is a Family Trait....and it is well ingrained. In fact, I worry so much sometimes that it can flare up health issues...not smart huh?! Well....today of all days, I left worry at the door step, basked in the glow of His day, enjoying the blessings that He provided me, today and everyday. I would do well to carry this feeling (like Scrooge!) and celebrate Christmas everyday in my heart!

Everyday we are blessed...but today brings reflection on our blessings and thanks to Him for allowing our celebration. Family, friends, good food, just simple blessings given to us by His coming, by His salvation, by Him and Him alone.

So thank you God for my many blessings, for sending your Son, and for reminding me....when I seem to need it most, that you and you alone are in charge...not me.

Merry Christmas family and friends. I hope that your Christmas Day was warm, wonderful and full of reminders of His many blessings on you.

Luke 12:25 - And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life's span?
(I oft seek out Luke....and see what the "day will bring")

Comments

Popular Posts