Yet another week

Yet another week has blown by with no blogging. Sorry folks, time is just a 'racin by me and it seems that I never have the opportunity to sit down! So lets do one of my famous "rapid" updates...aka...deep thoughts.....

  1. Flu season is upon us.....at least certain strains of it. I was out of work and out of commission on Thursday and Friday. Spent lots of time in the bathroom (wasn't of the respiratory ilk)...and much of the weekend trying to regain my strength. Back at it this morning...ready for work...but still not very hungry...guess it is a good day to start a diet huh!
  2. Emailed to several of you last night..but recorded here for posterity....Last night, Yolanda Adams was singing the Star Spangled Banner to kick off the AFC Championship Game (Colts v. Patriots). Luke was sitting in his high chair finishing dinner, and as she finished her final run of the song, he turned to us with a look of wonder on his face and said..."That's a cool song". Then smiled sweetly. Yes Luke..it is a cool song... very cool. Out of the mouths of babes.
  3. Someone.......meaning one King...would be totally potty trained...if I weren't so lazy! See....he is totally potty trained at school....just not at home. Guess that is this week's challenge huh! (Bad mommy...bad bad bad mommy!)
  4. Got a call from the Cadet last night. Seems he is interested in receiving mail and packages. "Mom...I have only gotten like three letters since I have been here". (Big Stinky Liar...I have sent 10+ letters, and 4+ packages..and I know that his Uncle D. has sent 2 packages!!) Hmmm.....4 months in school....only one letter home to us....do you think he deserves a package? When faced with this reality...the Cadet responded "Hey..send me some stamps too...that way I can write you.". Um Cadet? I sent you with 40 stamps back in August. Now I understand that many schools are teaching "new math"..but even under that concept... 40 stamps minus 1 letter home does not equal "no stamps" (except for large values of 1 maybe? I would have to have my west coast blogging sister do the calculations). Sigh. If ya wanna make a cadet happy....send him a letter (I will send the package...) His addy is:

    Cadet H. O************ (spell it out)
    Company B
    Howe Military School
    PO Box 240
    Howe IN 46746

    But don't expect a letter back. I am sending 20 stamps...which means (under the new math principal again!) that he can only write 1/2 a letter before he is out of stamps! Oh..and if you want to Make Mrs. Oz happy..end your letters to him with "oh..and write your Mother".
  5. Hockey Time and the King's Nap don't match. The King has the ability to take the ice for free (I am still the equipment manager for the league that the Cadet was in last year) for a cross ice program. For the second week in a row..the King was napping during the 2:40 time. Luckily..the king has NO clue what day it is...nor what day Hockey is...or he would be absolutely ticked that he has missed two hockey chances in the last two weeks. Sigh...he is quite the hockey nut...even more so than his brother.
  6. Spam drives the King crazy! I have had to turn off the speakers on my computer system, as everytime Outlook "Dings" signifying a new email....one young king yells out "H emailed us back" and runs to the computer. No little one...since Tuesday morning...the Cadet's email has been turned off (exams) and won't be back on until today. The king insists on checking to make sure he hasn't missed the latest update from his bubby. He's two..going on 20 and is already "wired".

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts