I said....The verdict is..........














It is good to go! Well...it will take some "break in" as the knee is very stiff and the muscles are pretty tight, but...WHOO HOO...he is decasted!

He will get a followup in three weeks to make sure that the knee is thoroughly healed (we will bring him back from school Mother's Day afternoon)...but all indications are that we are in good stead.

He has had twinges of tightening and some pain in the knee, but most he chalks up to it having been immobilized for so very long.

The great news (beyond being decasted and on the mend)? The leg and foot NO LONGER SMELL. Of course...they do have some abrasions where the cast was rubbing (a nasty set of blood blisters on his heel...and a rash over his ankle....which is why you see the calamine lotion on his ankle..trying to dry it as much as I can before he gets back into the world of "I don't take care of myself as good as my Mom does!).

No sports, PE or Running until he has his final check up, but I think we are in good stead! I knew positive thinking and prayer would help!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular Posts