Changes at Work

Starting this week, I will be reduced to what is essentially a four day work week. This, to me, is a welcome change - seriously, although I will be doing it in a five day manner.

Monday and Friday, I will go into the office at 10:00 and get out at 2:00. A portion of my position needs a daily touch (accounts receivable), which is why I am working this type of schedule, rather than taking a furlough day for a full day.

The upside of this is that it allows me to take the King to school on Friday mornings, as they have a delayed schedule every friday (Indiana legislated more firmly what constitutes an "instructional day", so gone are the days of In-Service days for the Teachers and students). This conflicted with Capt Oz's schedule as he has a weekly meeting on Friday that starts at 8:30.

The start of this reduced schedule brings to mind the question of a permanent layoff in the future though. How do I feel about that? Well, given the economy, I recognize that it will be difficult to find another position - but - to be honest, I wouldn't half mind not driving 60 miles a day for a while.

And the beat goes on...

Comments

Popular Posts