One of my latest....

Thought I would share one of my latest recipes. We had something just like this at the restaurant we went to for our Anniversary Dinner back in October. It is an interesting explosion of flavor, both sweet and salty, and makes an elegant, yet easy appetizer (or a quick light dinner!) Of course, the calorie count is kinda big....but......mmmmmmm!

Grilled Proscuitto and Mozzarella with Pesto and Cranbery Chutney

16 (small/thin) slices of french bread (baguette style - thin)
2 T Butter softened
1T Olive Oil
4 Slices of Proscuitto, sliced very thin, each cut in 4 equal pieces
8 Mozzarella Balls (small, fresh), halved
1/4 C prepared Basil Pesto Sauce
1/3 C cranberry chutney, chilled

Butter each side of the baguette slices and grill until toasted. Keep Warm.

In skillet, heat olive oil to about 130 degrees. Meanwhile, take a slice of proscuitto and wrap it around a 1/2 ball of mozzarella, continuing until you have 16 wraps. Place proscuitto wraps into heated oil, grilling both top and bottom of proscuitto approximately 30-40 seconds. Then plate and keep warm.

Microwave the Pesto Sauce for approximately 20 seconds until it "pops" in the microwave. Place a small dollop of pesto on each proscuitto wrap. Place each proscuitto wrap on a baguette slice, and top with a small dollop of cranberry chutney (1-2 berries and a small amount of sauce). Serve immediately.

Serves 4

Oh, and in case you are concerned about my coldy/fluey thing....yeah, I think I overdid again yesterday (I know, I know! Stop harpin at me). I am heading into the doctor, hopefully this morning, before heading into work, as I was up half the night coughing my guts out...

Updated- Went to the doctor and have an ugly sinus infection and my cold thing has moved into my chest. Am now on antibiotics, codeine cough syrup, and am off work until thursday. Sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts