11/07/2009

The Sport of Kings

Earlier this morning, I wandered in to do a mom check of the King. He had set up a game on his bed with random cards, small figure toys, and pieces of various games that have long since lost all of their pieces and have become just trinkets. I asked him what he was playing and he indicated "Chess War". I am assuming that it is a combination of chess (five year old style) and some sort of war game. After all, there WERE green army men in the mix.

Since all was quiet, I closed the door and left him to his devices and hit the shower.

At the conclusion of my showering, I wandered back to the King's room to collect him for his turn to dash through the cleaning process.

I opened the door and he looked at me over his shoulder with a rather pissed upset look. I asked him what the problem was.

"I am mad" he told me succinctly. "Hmmm," I said, "Why buddy?"

"I lost the game"

Only when you are five, and full of imagination, can you make up your own game, with your own rules....and then proceed to lose.

1 comment:

Carol P. said...

Lol! That's my nephew.

Tell him that Character is.... what you do when you think you won't get caught, and he definitely displayed it there!