The Sport of Kings

Earlier this morning, I wandered in to do a mom check of the King. He had set up a game on his bed with random cards, small figure toys, and pieces of various games that have long since lost all of their pieces and have become just trinkets. I asked him what he was playing and he indicated "Chess War". I am assuming that it is a combination of chess (five year old style) and some sort of war game. After all, there WERE green army men in the mix.

Since all was quiet, I closed the door and left him to his devices and hit the shower.

At the conclusion of my showering, I wandered back to the King's room to collect him for his turn to dash through the cleaning process.

I opened the door and he looked at me over his shoulder with a rather pissed upset look. I asked him what the problem was.

"I am mad" he told me succinctly. "Hmmm," I said, "Why buddy?"

"I lost the game"

Only when you are five, and full of imagination, can you make up your own game, with your own rules....and then proceed to lose.

Comments

Carol P. said…
Lol! That's my nephew.

Tell him that Character is.... what you do when you think you won't get caught, and he definitely displayed it there!

Popular Posts